On October 23, 2017, Amazon Redshift is replacing the SSL certificates on your cluster with AWS Certificate Manager (ACM) issued certificates. ACM is a trusted public certificate authority (CA) that is trusted by most current systems.
In order to continue importing data into the ElastiCube Manager with the Sisense Redshift connector, you must apply the new ACM certificate. Amazon provides a Certificate Authority, which needs to be saved on a Windows machine.
To replace your certificate:
- Download the Redshift Certificate Authority Bundle .
- Place the certificates from the bundle in your
root.crtfile. On Microsoft Windows, the file is
For more information, see Transitioning to ACM Certificates for SSL Connections.
The ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to databases, tables and views contained within Amazon RedShift databases. The steps below detail how to connect to this type of data source.
- Click Add Data in the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Web Services category select Amazon Redshift.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Database server location: Enter the computer/server IP address that holds the database. This server address should include the port separated by a colon. By default, the port is 5439, for example: [IP Address]:5439.
- Either use your Windows Authentication if configured with the database, or alternatively enter the Username and Password to connect to the database.
- Database: Enter the name of the database to which you want to connect.
- Click Connect to Database.
All tables and views associated with the database will appear in a new window.
To view a preview of data contained in a particular table, highlight the table or view in the list and in click the preview pane below. To preview the table, select he Preview checkbox.
Enable the checkbox next to each table or view you would like to use.
Existing relationships between tables can be automatically replicated in the ElastiCube by selecting the Automatically create relationships from database checkbox. Likewise fields with similar names can be linked by selecting the Automatically create relationships for fields with the same name checkbox.
Note: If you encounter problems connecting to Amazon RedShift, please see this article in our support forums.
- Once all relevant tables are selected click Add.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.