The ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to tables contained within CSV files.
You can add a single csv file or multiple csv files to your ElastiCube. A typical use case for importing multiple files is when you want to split a large csv file into multiple smaller files.
- Make sure that all the files adhere to the same structure, including the presence or absence of headers in the first row. Files will be added to the table based on their file names in alphabetical order.
- When you import multiple files from a folder and build your ElastiCube, each consecutive build will import data from all the updated and new files in the folder. If you have any questions about data accumulation between builds, please contact our support team.
- If your csv file contains special symbols or foreign characters, the import process may fail. To resolve this issue, convert the csv file to the UTF-8 format. One way to do this is to open the .csv file in an application like Notepad, and then select File > Save As. At the bottom of the dialog box, open the Encoding settings, select UTF-8 and save the file as a new file.
To connect csv files:
- In the Elasticube Manager, click Add Data.
- Under the Files category select CSV File.
- Select a file to import. If you want to import multiple files, select just a single file that will be used for previewing the configuration options. However, all files are treated with the same configuration.
- Define the following settings in the Data Properties window:
- What delimiter separates your sheets: Allows you to choose the character that separates values within the csv file.
- First Row Contains Field Names: Enables you to specify table column names based on the header in the first row of the spreadsheet.
- Click Advanced Options to reveal more options to filter rows:
- Ignore rows that start with: Specify rows to ignore that start with a specific symbol, value or letter.
- Ignore rows that contain: Specify rows to ignore that contain a specific symbol, value or letter.
- Text qualifier: Change the value if necessary.
- Ignore first rows: Specify a number of first rows to ignore.
- To add additional files:
- Click Add to complete the import configuration.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.