Beta License Agreement
The following are instructions for using various equipment with Sisense’s BI Everywhere software functionality (the equipment and the BI Everywhere software is collectively referred to herein as the “Product”). This notice is to remind users that the Product is a beta release offering and is not warranted to be at the level of performance of a commercially available product offering. In addition, the Product may be substantially modified prior to first commercial release, or at Sisense’s option may not be released commercially in the future. As such, by using the equipment along with the Sisense Software, each user agrees (i) to follow all instructions provided by Sisense with respect to the installation and use of the equipment with the Sisense Software, including the below, and (ii) that such use continues to be for testing and evaluation purposes only.
The Product and Documentation are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, and Sisense and its licensors and suppliers disclaim all warranties, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation any implied warranties of title, non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the Product remains with the user.
For the sake of clarity, the provisions in the license agreement between the licensee of the Sisense Software and Sisense (the “License Agreement”), providing any representations, warranties or indemnities shall not apply to the Product. For purposes of the limitation of liability provisions of the License Agreement, no amount has been paid or is payable to Sisense in connection with the Product. However, the license provisions continue to apply to the Sisense Software and the confidentiality provisions of the License Agreement shall continue to apply to those portions of the information shared with you by Sisense that are Confidential Information as defined in the License Agreement or any confidentiality agreement in effect between the licensee and Sisense.
While Sisense provides you with a centralized location for consuming data in the Sisense Web Application, sometimes you need quick access to your data in your favorite messaging application. The Sisense Bot Framework enables you to retrieve your Sisense analytic data within 3rd party applications such as Skype and Slack through natural language commands. Simply ask any question and get the answer instantly via text or image. For example, ask the Sisense Bot Framework in Skype what is your total revenue and get an answer back instantly in Skype.
How does it Work?
Sisense has developed customized Bots that interface with 3rd party APIs enabling you to pull insights within those applications through natural language commands.
After setting up the Sisense Bot Framework, you can chat with the Sisense Bots through your 3rd party application. These applications handle your requests and routes them back to Sisense who returns the requested data. The Sisense Bot within the 3rd party application responds to your request with the data just like a normal chat message.
Note: To participate in the Sisense Bot Beta Program, your Sisense server must be accessible over the Internet without a VPN.
To learn more about how bots work and to see them in action, check out the tutorial below:
Setting Up the Sisense Bot Framework
To interact with the Sisense Bot Framework, you must add the Sisense Bot to your application, like you would add friends to your contact list. Then you can begin chatting with the Bot and requesting insights.
Sisense supports bots for the following 3rd party applications, click the links below to add them to your applications:
After your Bot is enabled in the application, greet the Sisense Bot by writing, Hi. The first time you message the Sisense Bot, the Sisense Bot replies asking you to authenticate your account.
To authenticate, click the link and enter the following details:
- Sisense server address: The address of your Sisense account including the protocol (“http://”) and your server’s port, for example http://192.168.1.0:8081.
- Email address: Your Sisense account email address.
- Password: The password of your Sisense account.
After you have entered your details, click Authenticate and return to your application. Greet your bot by typing Hi. The Sisense Bot will set up your environment, which takes several seconds. You can now begin to consume data from with your application by asking your Bot questions in natural language.
Interacting with the Sisense Bot Framework
Below are a list of tasks you can perform and the commands to perform them. Send these commands to the Sisense Bot as you would when chatting with anyone in Skype or Slack.
Sisense Boto Buttons
The following is a list of buttons you can click in your 3rd party application when talking to Boto:
- Show my dashboards: Display a list of your dashboards in a carousel in your 3rd party application
- Get Whisper: Return a natural language explanation of your widget.
- Go Deeper: Retrun more explanations of your widget
- Thank you Boto: Return to the main menu
- Remove from list: Remove a dashboard from current dashboard carousel
- Add to list: Add a dashboard to dashboard carousel
- Open in Web: Open your Sisense application filtered by the selected widget
- Filtered by: Show the list of filters applied to the selected dashboard
Sisense Advanced Commands
The following is a list of commands you can run in your 3rd party applications when talking to Boto:
- List my dashboards: Display a list of your dashboards in a carousel in your 3rd party application.
- Get [WIDGET NAME]: Returns the widget to the chat and provides some natural language details of the data.
- Get [WIDGET NAME] from [DASHBOARD] dashboard: Return a specific widget and its natural language explanation.
- Get [DASHBOARD NAME] dashboard: Return a list of widgets your dashboard and its data.
- Analyze [WIDGET NAME]: Return a natural language explanation of your widget.
- Share [WIDGET NAME]: Share the widget with another Sisense user.
- Share Widget with XXX: Share the widget with another Sisense user.
- Log Out: Ends your Boto session.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.